Each year Usdaw holds a campaign day called Supporting Parents and Carers Spotlight Day. It’s an important opportunity for the Union to raise the issues and concerns of members who are caring for someone or bringing up children. Three quarters of our members are either parents and/or carers.
This year Spotlight Day is more important than ever as parents and carers come under new pressure caused by the Coronavirus crisis. That is why the theme for this year’s Spotlight Day is ‘Parents and Carers Under Pressure’. It is taking place on Wed 19 May 2021.
We want to use the day to:
- Press Government to do more to support working parents and carers
- Raise awareness of parents and carers rights at work
- Encourage parents and carers in paid work to join their Union
Whilst it isn’t possible to set up campaign stalls and hand out leaflets in the usual way there are safe and practical ways you can show your support for the campaign and bring it to the attention of members in your workplace.
For more information about how you can get involved in this year’s Spotlight Day view: Reps Briefing
We want to let members know that they can get help from Usdaw with things like:
- Finding out about their rights at work during pregnancy or when on maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Getting hours of work that fit with their new caring commitments.
- Helping them find out whether they are entitled to Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay.
Maternity & Parental Rights
Our comprehensive guide to maternity and parental rights covers everything you need to know about your rights at work.
Find out more >>