What does being a Health and Safety Rep involve?
- Investigate complaints from members.
- Investigate potential hazards and accidents.
- Do regular health and safety inspections.
- Receive health and safety information from management.
- Represent members in consultation with health and safety inspectors.
- Take part in meetings of safety committee.
Usdaw members and develop their awareness of health and safety.
for working within policies and procedures agreed between Usdaw and the company to promote health and safety.
- Wages maintained while carrying out health and safety duties.
- Full Usdaw health and safety training programme.
- Usdaw Health and Safety Rep resource pack.
- Usdaw Area Organisers and health and safety section at Usdaw’s Head Office available for guidance.
- Management commitment to support Health and Safety Rep’s role.
If you are interested in becoming a safety rep please fill in the online form to let us know.
Information on how we process and store personal data can be found in our privacy notice