Since 2020 Usdaw has been expanding our use of webinars as a way of speaking directly to our members, to offer information as well as training sessions.
Some we have offered in conjunction with our partners including Life Writing Workshops, Attitude to Maths and Harmful Gambling.
We also encourage Reps and members to attend the Unionlearn webinars, offering a whole variety of topics such as Redundancies, Covid Awareness, Online Learning, Green Skills, Mental Health, Mindfulness and even Laughter Yoga.
Check out Usdaw's Crowdcast Channel
You can register for an UsdawLearn Crowdcast Webinar, follow our Crowdcast channel for future events here, or watch one of our previous webinars here.
Below is a list of our currently scheduled webinar events. You can click on them to find more details about the subject and when they will be airing.
- Data Detox: Take control of your personal data online (55 mins) Feel like you’re sharing too much data? Have you let yourself install too many apps, clicked “I agree” too many times, or generally feel like you’ve made too many accounts? We’ll show you how to take back control of your digital privacy. Learn about how companies use data to track you, and we’ll show you steps to reduce the amount of data stored about you. View recording here.
- How to set up and use password managers (30 mins) Learn how to use password managers - a security tool that helps you securely create and store passwords. This is a great way to up your cyber security knowledge and confidence. No technical knowledge or experience needed. View recording here.
There are a number of short courses you can access through our Litmos platform which will give you a further understanding of the issues covered by the webinars. If you are already registered on Litmos click the links below. If you are new to Litmos sign up using the code: Usdaw1 here.
Most of our webinars are recorded so if you miss them or want to go back and rewatch you can. We’ve had webinars on the following topics:
- Time to Talk! - Mental Health
- Write Now! - Lifewriting
- New Year, New Beginnings
- Domestic Violence
- What union learning means to you
- International Women’s Day
- Staying Safe and Secure Online During COVID-19
- World Health Day
- International Workers Day
- Using Social Media Safely
You can find these events to rewatch by going here and scrolling down until you see the past event section. You can then just click on the ones you are interested in. (Sometimes we run the same event twice; the same material is covered so you can pick either date.)
You can register for the Unionlearn webinars, find out more details and watch previous webinars here.